Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster Inventory Guide
In Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster, your both playable characters Rebecca and Billy have just 6 inventory slots to carry their precious and life saving items such as weapons, ammo, health, ink ribbon and other items. This inventory slot constraint really puts players in very difficult situation because once you fill all your slots you cannot carry any item available for you in the environment. While playing the game you will spent most of the time looking at your inventory that which item you can drop to pick another. Below are some tips you can use to manage your inventory:
- Rebecca Chambers and Billy Coen has a basic pistol from the very beginning and it should be in your inventory the entire time. 2nd slot can be filled by ammo for that pistol, but if you have set your game difficulty at the lowest level you may not need the ammo in your 2nd slot because at low difficulty you can easily kill a zombie with just 1 or 2 bullets and after that you can refill your clip when you find supplies while exploring the world.
- Rebecca or Billy should have Ink Ribbon in their inventory to save the game. It is not necessary that both characters should have the ink ribbon. And it is also not necessary for you to keep the ribbon permanently throughout the game.
- Characters can trade different items in their inventory to make some room to place new items in their slots. You can use this feature to trade items and to make some room for a character who is more likely to pick important item such as key to open the door.
- In Resident Evil Zero HD Remaster you have this option that you can place any item on the floor and it will be still there even it you have completed that episode. These items that you will leave behind will be marked and can be seen as dots on your map. You can easily come back to that location in the map to pick that item.
- Always try to have 1 slot free for health items such as Herbs and First Aid Spray. Rebecca can also mix different herbs for different effects, use this feature to have more powerful items in your inventory and to save slots.
- By default Billy Coen has a knife in his inventory, if you are playing the game on lower difficulty you can easily drop this knife and has one free slot. But if you are on higher difficulty level where supplies are scarce I would not recommend you to drop this weapon.
- Shotgun takes 2 slots in your inventory, only use this weapon when you are about to face a boss otherwise do not hold these big weapons. You can come back to pick up that weapon so only use these big weapons in dire need.
- Most of the puzzles, riddles and blocked doors and passages require some sort of key or item to unlock, so always try have 1-2 slots empty in the inventory. Once you have used that item always discard it, you will be asked every time to leave/drop that item after you’ve used it.