How to Scan Your Face in NBA 2K17
How to Scan Your Face in NBA 2K17
NBA 2K17 has a face scan feature that allow players to create their lookalike using a camera in the latest NBA game. In How to Scan Your Face in NBA 2K17, we will show yo how you can scan your face to create your lookalike player in this latest basketball game NBA 2K17.
To scan your face for the game, first you will have to download official MyNBA2K17 app onto your iPhone/Android device.Your results may vary; sometimes it’ll yield great results but other times it’ll look nothing like you. Well don’t worry, there are some things that you could do to improve the results of your scan.
See Also: NBA 2K17 Controls List
How to Scan Your Face in NBA 2K17:
Remember one thing that this feature is available only on PlayStation and Xbox. Here are the steps that you will need to take:
- If you are living outside US then you will have to use the proxy service.
- Download the iOS/Android app to your smartphone and make sure it is not 2016 app. This size of this app is 279 MB.
- Log in to the Xbox Live / PSN account. If you did not log in the first time when you used the app, you can do it later through the Options menu. (Enter the menu in upper right corner and then choose options. Scroll down and select manage login)
- Move the basketball slider to the left for NBA 2K17.
- Click Scan Your Face option.
Face Scanning Tips for NBA 2K17:
Here are some tips on how to get a perfect scan:
- Natural light is better than artificial so you need as much light on your face as possible. Outside on sunny day would work better.
- You should have no shadows on your face.
- Take off your glasses, hat or other accessories if you may have.
- If you have long hair, Pull back enough so that they do not cover parts of the face.
- Use front-facing camera.
- Hold your phone at eye level, about 45 cm or 18″ from the face.
- Make sure the face fills the complete circle drawn on your mobile screen.
- Do not move your phone around, just rotate your head.
- Do not blink while scanning or you will not get good results.
- If you have blinked on any picture, repeat the scan.
- Rotate your head slowly up to 45 degrees in each direction.
- Just look straight ahead of you and not into the camera.
- After you have uploaded your scan to NBA 2K17 game, it’ll grade the quality of your face scan. Repeat the scan, if it is not great, because anything lower than that quality may yield horrifying results.
Changing Your Face Scan:
You may ask this question that can you change your face scan later in the game? The answer is Yes. If you are not happy with the face of your player anymore, you can easily retry the scan using the above app. Just select Scan your face option in MyPlayer Appearance menu.
Face Scan Import Stuck:
While importing the face scan, your game might get stuck. The import scan process can 5 minutes. If this process takes any longer than that just restart the game. But remember one thing that you should scan your face again before you retry importing your scan again. If you want to use the old scan, it’ll get stuck again.
White Spot on the Scan Result:
Some gamers are complaining that they are getting white spots on a face scan. This issue is caused by the light reflecting off the face and into your mobile camera. Just make sure that there are no glares of lightning on the face while you are scanning.
MyNBA2K17 Login Issues:
Some players are reporting that they are facing problems while logging into MyNBA2K17 mobile phone app. Try the following things in order to solve this issue:
- Restart your phone
- Reinstall the app; and/or
- Checking your internet connection
The app has not been released yet in some parts of the world, so you have to wait a little more. It can also be a servers’ issue or a bug. So just wait until it get get fixed soon.
If you still find it difficult to scan your face, please watch the following video. The video is created by GosuNoob, I hope you will enjoy.